Employment at Tapestry
Employment Opportunities for the 2017-2018 School Year:
Tapestry Charter School (TCS) is seeking substitutes in all grade levels (K-12). A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or in a relevant subject area is required.
Provide for the safety and well-being of Tapestry Charter High School students, faculty, staff and property through enforcement of school policies and procedures. Preserve peace through conspicuous patrol, respond to calls for assistance including emergency and crisis situations, and provide other safety-related services.
- Perform routine patrols of and through campus buildings and some off-campus areas if necessary.
- Respond to emergency calls for assistance including medical matters, fire alarms and other alarms.
- Respond to routine calls for assistance including escorting students to main office.
- Monitor lunch periods daily.
- Monitor student activities in hallways, restrooms, gym and cafetorium.
- Assists in maintaining control of large numbers of people at athletic events, student activities, and other events to ensure the rules and regulations pertaining to conduct and safety are observed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a pleasant disposition and an ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact in sensitive situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities in often time stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to work daily from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm. May include weekend hours if necessary. This is a part-time position ranging from 20-30 hours per week
Part-time Bus Drivers:
Drive students to fieldwork experiences and sports events throughout the regular school day.Must be 19A certified.
As a growing urban public school, Tapestry Charter School is building a responsive, collaborative faculty who actively engage in community building, rigorous learning and high quality teaching practices, serving as a model for students and families.
Candidates who can demonstrate the desire, drive and commitment to provide students with an engaging and challenging educational environment should submit a cover letter and resume to:Elizabeth Canfield, CFO/HR
Tapestry Charter School
65 Great Arrow
Buffalo, New York firstname.lastname@example.org
Tapestry Charter School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
What Tapestry Teachers Believe:A school should represent the diversity of its city
- Our students come from every zip code in the City of Buffalo representing the city’s unique and beautiful diversity
- Each year, more than 90% of our Seniors graduate and enroll in a two or four year college
- Crew at Tapestry ensures that each child is known well and has an advocate in school
- Teacher Leadership is valued and practiced in our community
- All members of the Tapestry Community are deeply invested in improving educational opportunities for the students of Buffalo
What Tapestry Teachers Do:
- Participate actively in on–going professional development that pushes their thinking about individual and school wide practices.
- Participate as active members of a collaborative grade-level team, working with other subject area teachers to create a nurturing community for students.
- Serve in multiple roles on collaborative teams, recognizing that a teacher’s responsibility is not just contained within the classroom walls.
- Take initiative to do whatever it takes to help students learn.
- Actively build relationships with families from communities across the City of Buffalo and make them feel welcome in our school community.
- Differentiate learning in order to help all students feel appropriately supported and challenged.
- See themselves as being responsible for building literacy and numeracy skills in all students regardless of their subject area.
- Integrate the arts into lessons using works of art and artistic mediums.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of assessment FOR learning and assessment OF learning and the value of each practice to instruction.
Education: Masters degree, or higher, in applicable grades/subject area.
Please download the appropriate application here:
Recommended Reading for Candidates:
- www.elschools.org – About Expeditionary Learning Schools
- www.napds.org – About Professional Development Schools
- www.newyorkcharters.org – About New York State Charter Schools