August 10, 2020
Dear Tapestry Families,
Good afternoon. By this time today, all Tapestry families should have received an email directly from your school’s Principal with details regarding how our reopening plans will affect your children in their respective grade levels and classrooms. Details of our Reopening Plan, along with our planning process and links to all of our Reopening Committee meeting agendas, slides, meeting recordings and district communications can be found on our website, here.
We are now asking ALL families to complete this registration form, linked here, and choose what program your child will participate in at the start of the 2020-21 school year: our Hybrid/In-person learning program; OR our remote (100% virtual) learning program. The deadline to submit this registration form is this Friday, August 14th at 4:00pm.
To recap, in brief, Tapestry’s Hybrid/In-Person Plan will consist of the following main elements:
- Students and families will have a choice to go 100% virtual or follow the in-person plan below;
- Grades K-2 will attend school in-person, beginning every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p; On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly. Starting the week of October 5th, we plan to bring all K-2 students back every day.
- Grades 3-4 will attend school in-person every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly.
- 5th Grade will move into a special area of the middle school building for one year and will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday from 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Grades 6-12 will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Fridays will be dedicated to academic intervention for students in grades 5-12.
Tapestry’s remote (100% virtual) learning program varies by school (K-4, 5-8, 9-12) and is summarized on page 30 of our Reopening Plan on our website, here.
Please stay tuned for new updates and communications from me on a weekly basis this summer. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.
We are crew.