2020-21 Application is now available.
Parents and guardians must submit a completed application by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 in order to enter a child in the lottery for admission the following September. Applications received after that date may result in a child being placed on the waiting list.
Click below to apply online through SchoolMint. For a paper application, please visit one of our school’s main offices. Upon completion, all applications will be reviewed for accurate information. Applications for admission only remain valid during the school year for which you applied. Students who are not selected for admission need to reapply for the subsequent school years.
Come learn more about our K-5 Program at one of our Open Houses!
Attendees will be able to meet with our administrators, ask questions about our curriculum, and tour our beautiful building.
Open Houses will occur on:
Friday, October 11, 2019
Friday, February 28, 2020
Friday, March 20, 2020
All K-5 Open Houses will be from 9:30 a.m. til 10:30 a.m.
All lottery acceptances are preliminary and do not become final until Tapestry receives all necessary paperwork, including an authentic copy of a child’s birth certificate, proof of residence, copy of recent physical (from physician), immunization records, and have completed our online registration through SchoolMint. This paperwork must be completed and returned by Friday, May 8, 2020, or the student’s seat will be offered to the next child on the waiting list.
All applicants for kindergarten must turn five years old by December 31st of their kindergarten year in order to be eligible for the lottery.
For students entering first through twelve grades, Tapestry also requires academic records from a child’s previous school, and a copy of the child’s final report card showing whether or not he/she was promoted to the next grade level.
After the lottery, accepted students seeking admission for Kindergarten must:
- Be 5 years old on or before December 31st
- Be administered a Kindergarten readiness test
- Have a report/evaluation from the pre-school teacher (if applicable)
- Provide current immunization records
For ALL accepted students, the registration process includes the completion of the following items:
- Online Registration Form via SchoolMint
- Residency Verification Form and required documentation
- Record Release Form
- Copy of current report card and State testing scores (if applicable)
- Copy of 504 plan or IEP (if applicable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- New York State Textbook Request Form
- Immunization Form
- Physical Form
- Application for Free and Reduced Lunch & Breakfast
- Custody or guardianship paperwork (if applicable)
- Completion of an Intake Interview with Tapestry staff
- Students maintaining continuous enrollment at Tapestry Charter School need not reapply at the end of the school year.
- All applicants will be selected through the lottery process.
- Families with siblings will be given “ preference” if there is an opening in the grade requested. There is no guarantee that the school will have space for a sibling.
- A student who has elected to withdraw from Tapestry Charter School and wishes to return Tapestry Charter School must reapply as a new student.
- If you are applying for multiple children in your family, a separate application must be completed for each student applying for admission.
All K-12 2020-2021 Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
The K-12 Lottery is scheduled for Friday, April 3, 2020 at 9:00 AM at 111 Great Arrow Avenue. Notification of the lottery results will be communicated through text and/or email from SchoolMint.