August 12, 2020
Dear Tapestry Families,
I hope this message finds you all well and soaking up this summer. We realize what a strange and extraordinary time this is—across the globe and across our school community. It can be especially stressful to families who are making choices for their childrens’ educational plans leading into the fall. We want to alleviate that stress for you and your children as much as we can, by offering as much choice as we can and by remaining committed to supporting you to the best of our ability.
First, let this email serve as a mid-week reminder to those of you who have not yet filled out our online registration form, to please do so now. We are now asking ALL families to complete this registration form, linked here, and choose what program your child will participate in at the start of the 2020-21 school year: our Hybrid/In-person learning program; OR our remote (100% virtual) learning program. The deadline to submit this registration form is this Friday, August 14th at 4:00pm.
To recap, in brief, Tapestry’s Hybrid/In-Person Plan will consist of the following main elements:
- Students and families will have a choice to go 100% virtual or follow the in-person plan below;
- Grades K-2 will attend school in-person, beginning every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p; On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly. Starting the week of October 5th, we plan to bring all K-2 students back every day.
- Grades 3-4 will attend school in-person every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly.
- 5th Grade will move into a special area of the middle school building for one year and will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday from 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Grades 6-12 will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Fridays will be dedicated to academic intervention for students in grades 5-12.
Tapestry’s remote (100% virtual) learning program varies by school (K-4, 5-8, 9-12) and is summarized on page 30 of our Reopening Plan on our website, here.
Second, through our partnership with the Community Health Center of Buffalo, Tapestry has been able to schedule three dates over the next few weeks where the CHCB would provide FREE Drive-thru COVID Testing in the front parking lot of our Lower School at 111 Great Arrow Avenue for the greater Tapestry school community, staff, families, friends, extended families, etc.
The dates and times for this FREE Drive-thru COVID testing are: Monday, August 17th, 10am-4pm; Friday, September 4th, 3pm-6pm; and Monday, September 7th, 10am-4pm.
This is NOT at all mandatory and Tapestry will NOT be requiring testing in any capacity to attend school. However, we thought that this could be a benefit to our staff, families and friends to have access to a FREE Drive-thru COVID test in a familiar environment. While not required, calling to make an appointment will cut down considerably on the time it would take to get a FREE COVID test. To make an appointment, please call the CHCB at 716-986-9199, x. 5907. If you don’t reach someone immediately, please leave a voice message and they will return your call and schedule your appointment.
We’re all in this together, and together we’ll see it through.
We are crew.