July 24, 2020
Dear Tapestry Families,
I hope this finds all of you well and safe and healthy and hopefully finding some respite with your loved ones this summer.
This week, the Compass Leadership Team, along with our Tapestry Re-Opening Committee, consisting of parents, teachers, instructional and administrative staff and members of our board of trustees have had two successful meetings, that will continue over the course of the next few weeks. We have reflected on the successes, challenges and opportunities that this past school year has provided us, and how what we have learned can help us plan for our future. The Compass team is also in the midst of presenting to the Committee a draft proposal for what a Hybrid/In-Person Plan would look like at Tapestry given the many factors we would have to take into account in order for reopening to be successful, safe and worthwhile.
We have updated our website to include all the details of our Re-Opening Committee Meetings, including agendas, slides that address the details of our draft plan, feedback documents that will help inform our plan and videos of each of our meetings.
Under any potential in-person scenario at Tapestry, we will plan on slowly easing into in-person learning at the beginning of the year over the first number of weeks in September, so that our staff is supported and our teams are fully prepared. In brief, our draft Hybrid/In-Person Plan will consist of the following main elements:
- Students and families will have a choice to go 100% virtual or follow the in-person plan below;
- Grades K-2 will attend school in-person everyday from 7:30a – 1:45p;
- Grades 3-4 will attend school in-person every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly.
- 5th Grade will move into a special area of the middle school building for one year and will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday from 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Grades 6-12 will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Fridays will be dedicated to academic intervention for students in grades 5-12.
While this draft proposal has not been finalized and we will remain working over the next many weeks with the Committee and across our shared leadership teams, it is important—critical—for us to not only keep you all updated, but to get your feedback on our work so it can inform the decisions that we make.
To that end, we encourage all Parents and Caregivers to take our newest survey, linked here, and answer it as honestly as you can, based on what you know at this time. The survey window will remain open for one-week, and we urge you to take it as soon as possible.
I will continue to update you all on our progress on a weekly basis this summer primarily through email and phone, and all my communications will be posted on our website under the new section on our homepage, “Tapestry Reopening/COVID-19 Updates”.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with questions or concerns.
We are in this together, and together we will see it through.
We are crew.