August 1, 2020
Dear Tapestry Families,
This past Monday, July 27th, the Tapestry Reopening Committee, consisting of teacher leaders, staff, trustees and parents representing all three of our schools had the committee’s third meeting where we continued to review and receive feedback on our Reopening Planning in the areas of Health, Safety, Physical Operations and Scheduling Instruction in a Hybrid Learning Environment.
You can find the details of this meeting, including our agenda, slides and meeting video on our website here.
The committee’s next meeting will take place on Monday, August 3rd and will be dedicated to Crew, Culture, and Promoting SEL and Wellness.
Also linked on our website is Tapestry’s Draft Reopening Plan that we submitted to NYSED yesterday. In brief, our draft Hybrid/In-Person Plan will consist of the following main elements:
- Students and families will have a choice to go 100% virtual or follow the in-person plan below;
- Grades K-2 will attend school in-person, beginning every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p; On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly. Starting the week of October 5th, we plan to bring all K-2 students back every day.
- Grades 3-4 will attend school in-person every other day from 7:30a – 1:45p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning. Fridays will alternate A/B weekly.
- 5th Grade will move into a special area of the middle school building for one year and will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday from 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Grades 6-12 will attend in-person school on an A/B schedule Monday – Thursday 7:30a – 1:30p. On the opposite day, they will participate in virtual/online learning.
- Fridays will be dedicated to academic intervention for students in grades 5-12.
The details of our planning can be found on our website.
This plan will remain liquid and flexible as we continue to gain feedback from our committee, and as we await final direction from Governor Cuomo next week, (August 1-7) when he is planning on offering schools across NYS updates.
To recap, back on July 13th, Governor Cuomo announced the state’s criteria for regional school reopenings.
- Schools will open if the region is in Phase IV and the daily infection rate remains below 5% or lower using a 14-day average since “unPAUSE” was lifted
- The State will decide if the region has met these criteria the week of August 1-7
- Schools will close if the regional infection rate is greater than 9% using 7-day average after the August 1st determination has been made
Please stay tuned for new updates and communications from me on a weekly basis this summer. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.
We are crew.